Friday, January 21, 2011

Simple Future Tense

Simple future tense refers to some activities which don’t happen yet. It means that it can be used to tell our plan or our expectation. In addition, we can also use future tense to tell our promise, prediction and even habits.

1. Planned Action
To tell the planned action or activity which is predicted regarding to the present situation,
We can use future ‘going to’.
Example:
  • I’m going to go fishing after school.
  • I’m going to clean my room tomorrow.
Formula : S + be (is, am, and are)+ going + to + V1

2. Unplanned Action, Promise and Habits
To tell about the unplanned action or spontaneous decisions, we can use modal ‘will’
Example:
  • I will open the door. It’s so hot.
  • I will clean the dirty spot on your shirt.
To tell promise:
  • I will buy you a computer.
  • I will be back soon. I promise.
To tell habits
  • Ary will shiver when he is talking to her.
  • I will play when my brother is studying.
Formula : S + Will + V1

No comments:

Post a Comment